Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Daily Outfit


Tank Top: Roxy
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Nordstrom
Tights: J. Crew
Boots: Steve Madden


Recently all I've wanted to wear are skirts. They're nice and flowy and girly and they just make me feel happy when I wear them. It may also have to do with the fact that its been too cold to wear them and I just bought a whole bunch of new ones for the spring and summer. This whole week I've been trying to wear one but I haven't been able to find something to wear with it that's weather appropriate (there's still snow on the ground and we're getting more tomorrow!) Today it dawned on me that maybe if I wear a cardigan with my skirt and tights I can be warm enough! And that is what I did. Do you have any tips for wearing skirts, or even dresses in the winter? I also decided today would be a good day to try out some pattern mixing - floral and stripes. A friend I met up with for lunch said my outfit would be cuter with a solid cardigan, preferably black... that just seemed so expected and boring to me though. What do you think?




I wore a tank top with a bit of sparkles and my leather boots to make balance out the softness of the whole outfit, and because of that I decided to not wear a necklace or scarf like I typically do.







I opted for purple tights instead of black tights to bring out the colors in the skirt rather than muting them and tucked my cardigan into the skirt to show that its high waisted.








<3ari

No comments:

Post a Comment